Website Privacy Notice
VIVO Defence Services Limited ("VIVO”, “we”, “our”) owns and operates this website as a Data Controller, for customers and potential customers (“customers”) who wish to learn more about the products and services that we can deliver. Specifically, this website provides customers with the option to download a brochure and an email address which customers may use to contact the VIVO team.
To the extent that we process the personal data of users to our website, we adhere to applicable data protection legislation. It is important to us that you feel confident that your personal information is safe and being looked after. We appreciate the trust you place in us and in return we respect our customers’ privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. The personal data of customers who use this Website is not subject to automated decision-making.
Please note that we have produced a separate privacy notice for our employees and supply chain which can be accessed via the following links:
2. Lawful basis for processing customer personal data
We process the personal data of users of this website in accordance with the following basis for data processing as defined by data protection legislation.
- By contacting us using the links within this website, you consent to us processing your personal data;
- In certain circumstances it will be necessary for us to process customer personal data in order for us to pursue our legitimate interests; and
- In certain circumstances it will be necessary for us to process customer personal data in order to comply with legal obligations which we are subject to.
3. Purpose of data processing
When you use our website or get in touch with us, we collect personal data in order to provide you with our services. We only collect data that is necessary for purposes which may include but are not limited to;
- responding to your queries and requests for assistance;
- providing you with the products and services you have requested from us;
- providing your organisation with individualised products and services;
- tracking your journey across our website to help us improve our services;
- potentially passing your data onto VIVO’s parent companies where necessary, in order to respond to queries;
- complying with our legal and contractual obligations.
4. Data Categories
When you use our Website, or get in touch with us, we may collect personal data which may include:
- your name and contact details including your contact number and email address;
- the organisation or business you may represent;
- any additional information which you may provide to us;
- cookies and usage data– for more information see section 9 below.
5. Recipients of customer personal data
In accordance with our commitment to protecting the privacy of our customers, the personal data of users to this website will only be processed where strictly necessary by the following recipients:
- our employees involved in the provision of our Services (who are based in the UK);
- our selected service providers (for example IT support);
- in exceptional circumstances customer personal data may be transferred to our parent companies;
- our legal representatives or other concerned parties in circumstances where we reasonably believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact, or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities;
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
6. Storage and Transfer of customer personal data
The majority of our personal data is stored and processed in the EEA. In exceptional circumstances it may be necessary for us to process or transfer customer personal data outside of the EEA. These data transfers will only be undertaken once an appropriate mechanism is in place as prescribed by data protection legislation.
7. Data Retention Time
The personal data of customers who use our website will be retained for as long as is necessary in order to achieve the purposes for which the personal data was obtained, after which it will be deleted from our systems.
8. Your rights
You have extensive statutory rights regarding the manner in which your personal data is processed by us. You are entitled to access, query, amend, delete, limit, or transfer any personal data concerning you– if you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details given below.
The Data Protection Officer
VIVO Defence Services Limited
Shared Services Centre Q3 Office
Quorum Business Park
Newcastle Upon Tyne NE12 8EX
Email: [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with the response which you receive, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to make a complaint: https://ico.org.uk/
When visiting the Website, a cookie may be installed on your browser.
Cookies are small text files sent to your computer which identify you to a website when you return, these allow the site to remember small bits of information. Our cookies will never contain private information about you and are not accessible by other websites.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual
10. Cookie Settings
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
VIVO reserves the right to update this Personal Data and Cookies Policy at any time.
21st March 2022